Jasper Lessiohadi’s Status Report for 2/19

This week, I worked more with python in order to better familiarize myself with it and prepare myself for when I get to work with the touch screen hardware that we will be working with. I have also looked more into UI design to give the best user experience I can. The overall planning for the project and design of it is almost done and I am very happy with the direction it is going. We have decided to divide the grill into four sections with one piece of meat on each. The touch screen UI will then have an overhead camera feed of the grill which the user can then use to manually interact with the meat if they so choose. I am happy with what my rough draft of the UI for now, however I will definitely want to add colors that match the theme of the project. I am thinking they will be medium/dark browns and/or other similar colors. I will have to figure out what looks best once the UI is more developed.  For now, I am on track with our projected plan and I am excited to see how the project evolves over time.