Jasper Lessiohadi’s Status Report for 2/26

This week, I finalized designing the UI and all of its components, as was shown in our design presentation. We all agreed on a way to integrate the camera into the screen space and how we could best interact with it. We decided to try to borrow an iPad from either the inventory or from Sorrells to use the screen. However, we have not yet gotten it, so I have not been able to produce any kind of deliverable. An additional issue that I have is that while I have experience using Swift for app development, I do not currently own a computer running iOS. This can simply be overcome by using some of the ones that are available in the computer labs on campus. I will just have to be careful budgeting my time so that I am able to use them when I need to.

If we find that using an iPad is unfeasible, though, we may end up using another touch screen. This will mostly be if we cannot find a way to integrate it with the rest of the parts of our design, but that I do not think that will be to much of a problem.