Spandan’s Status Report for 03/26

This week was a productive week and I was able to make progress on my menu screen. My menu screen is able to do song selections based on the up/down key movement and can navigate to a new screen when the right key is clicked. This is shown in the attached picture:

The current colors are just placeholders. To facilitate a smoother code implementation, I took help from Caio and came up with the idea of keeping the rectangles constant and just revolving text and album images when up/down keys are clicked. This way I will not have to worry about varying the opacity of the rectangles themselves, which is a hard job to accomplish in Pygame. As you can see, though the rectangles have varying shades of grey, none of them are translucent.

Moving ahead, I need to resize the text and album covers and make them movable with the rectangles. Additionally, I want to give the rectangles varying opacity. I am not worried about moving the text and album covers as the code I have written to move the rectangles can also be applied to moving texts and images.

Overall, I am slightly behind the schedule but hope to accomplish the full menu screen by Monday.