David’s Status Report for 2/20/2022

David’s Status Report for 2/20/2022

This week, I worked on the design proposal presentation, ordered different parts required for our project, did research on how to properly design a desktop application, and also researched what the best way to use a ECG is. Specifically, I ordered the ECG device which will be a key component in our sensors, along with a USB receiver base that we could potentially use such that ECG device could be connected to the body wirelessly. Furthermore, I researched into Electron App’s documentation and looked at the capabilities of Node.js to connect with our arduino via Bluetooth. I also created a mockup of our front end application, deciding which type of information is most needed for our users to see such that they feel involved in the paymodoro  process. Finally, I also looked at how we could best utilize our ECG and what is the most effective way of attaching it to the body. Most ECGs are attached either to one’s fingertips or chest. However, if it were attached to fingertips, it would be very inconvenient to work and focus on other tasks. The chest is also much more difficult as the user would have to take their shirts off to put on the device. Thus, I decided to create a wrist wearable device such that the ECG monitor could simply be worn like a watch.