Austin’s Status Report for 2/19/22

Austin’s Status Report for 2/19/22

This week I worked on the hardware design of our system. I speced out the ECG sensor, wireless receiver for the ECG sensor, and accelerometer and placed orders for them (2 hours). I also did research into how to connect each pin of the sensors to an arduino (2 hours) to generate preliminary schematics of the system (3 hours). Getting all the wires and components arranged neatly took a very long time with my drawing software.

I also helped out with the design presentation. Specifically, the following slides:

• Introduction and Use Cases
  • Hardware Specification
  • Hardware – uECG
  • Hardware Circuits – Belt Clipped Device

I am on schedule. This week was devoted to specifying the entire system. I was responsible for hardware and specifications for the hardware system is complete.

As of right now, I am giving the design presentation. Thus, I will spend some time this week practicing the presentation. This next week I plan to start writing the code for the arduino to pull data off the sensors as a proof that the sensors will work for the project. If there is time left over, I will start integrating each sensor together into one big arduino program and figure out how to send the data over bluetooth to the desktop application.