Sarah’s Status Report for 5/1

This week, the team worked on combining all the components together. I went to Hiroko’s place in the beginning of the week and recalibrated some of the HSV filters and edge detection to work with the background of the greenhouse and the UV lighting. Because some of the flowers that I brought from home were withering, I went to buy more flowers and plants to test under the greenhouse. I tested my growth stage classifier with the current pea shoots I have and with images of the pea shoots from sprouting to maturity. I also tested this component with the new flowers I bought to make sure that the flower and fruit detection were working for the growth stage classifier. For the disease and withering detection, I tested this on my peashoots, withering Pansy flower plants and the new flower plants I bought. For the stem detection, I tested this with the old and new flowers I have.

I am slightly behind on my tasks, as I need to work with Kanon this week to embed the live stream onto the website. I also would’ve liked get the CV application to automatically run when the RPi boots but I will work on that next week.

Before the final deadline for the poster, video, and report, I will be working on a script that turns on the CV application automatically when the RPi boots. Once I get those tasks done, I will try to recalibrate the disease finder, because the false positive and negative rates are too high as of now.