Thomas’s Status report 4/10

This week we succeeded in making our first drink with our hardware!. I compiled a custom Arduino program that was able to create our drink order. At this point in our design process, I feel comfortable with controlling our peristaltic pumps. In addition, I’ve also done some some testing in terms of calculatingĀ  the flow rate for our pumps. After testing, I recorded that it takes out pumps approximately 1 minute to dispense 2 oz of liquid. We plan on ordering some more pumps to help speed up our drink making process, but are going to hold off on doing so until we’re sure our other components are functioning as expected in case we need to reorder additional parts.

Tomorrow, Tyler and I are planning on configuring our blue tooth in preparation for our interim demo this week. We plan to be able to send a drink request via our iOS application to create a drink, which will be dispensed via our peristaltic pumps. This upcoming week, I’ll be working on configuring our stepper motors and moving platform and hope to have the functionality of these components operating by next status report.