Thomas’s Status Report 3/27

Unfortunately, I was severely bottlenecked this past week due to us not receiving the rest of our order of supplies until this Thursday (3/24).  Our wood for our structure wasn’t ready to pick up until Thursday, and our remaining hardware components were not delivered until Thursday as well. Some of our key components, such as our DC barrel jack and 12V DC power supply were necessary to power all of the components we plan on using in our design. I spent the week working with both Aryan and Tyler on building the basic functionalities of our iOS application. We were able to develop and configure a majority of our login/sign-in page of our application, but I myself was not able to make much progress on my hardware and structural tasks.

Due to this, I am a bit behind on my deliverables for this week. We decided to use a new bluetooth module than the one we initially ordered (we decided to switch to the DSD Tech HM-10 because of the feedback we received from our Design Presentation). After researching the module a bit, we discovered this chip is able to more easily handle certain aspects of our iOS application, such as being able to seamlessly send notifications of completed drinks orders and drink status updates. Now that these components have arrived, I’m planning on getting our bluetooth chip configured with our iOS application and setting up the bluetooth communication with our iOS app next week. I will also be testing and writing our Arduino code to perform the tasks required to operate our system this week, including controlling our peristaltic pumps, stepper motor and servos.