Ellen’s Status Report for March 27

This week I continued moving forward on my tasks in the order I assigned them to myself. First, I finished the ethics assignment over the weekend. Also over the weekend, I finished adding functionality to the buttons and forms on the website.

Then, over the week, I worked on the mic setup process. When a mic first joins a meeting, it’s in setup mode – audio is used to assign names to speakers. In this process the system compiles names, initial locations, and vocal samples for all speakers. Then when the web user says the process is done, audio starts getting routed to the actual transcript file. I finished coding up this process in a way that meshes with the current speaker id system (non-ML) but will be easy to use in the ML system as well.

I’m a few days ahead of schedule. I was supposed to start speaker ID ML on Monday, but I’ll start it on Saturday. Speaker ID ML is my last solo task.

Speaker ID ML doesn’t have to be finished by the end of next week, but it should be most of the way there; I should have at least one option working. The other thing I’m going to do is rework my data storage so that everything lives inside the database. Hopefully that’ll be done by later today.