Ellen’s Status Report for March 20

I worked on a couple different things this week. Each day up to Wednesday we were making tweaks and additions to the design report paper, and then submitting it on Wed.

I finished the (initial) meeting management module. After a fistfight with python import statements I was able to interface it properly with the Django models that represent microphone objects.

I also wrote a script intended to be run after the django server starts, that will start threads for Cambrea’s udp server and my transcript generator. The two will communicate with a queue object. New threads will break off to “serve” every item the udp server puts in the queue.

Then for the rest of the week I worked on setting up the web pages for getting around the website. I configured the urls, wrote the html, and made the Django “views” (controlling what http response gets sent and parsing POSTed forms and that sort of thing). I did that for a bunch of pages but there are still a couple of pages that need to be added.

I’m on-track in terms of scheduling. I was supposed to start the web page stuff today (Friday) but I started on Wednesday.

None of my current tasks have due dates before the next status report. Nevertheless, I hope to have all my web pages set up with buttons/forms that perform the intended effect on the backend as well. I will also start the mic initialization backend work, which is a task I took over from Mitchell since it’s so heavily connected to what I’ve already done. And I’ll also be doing the ethics assignment this upcoming week.