Cambrea’s Status Report for Feb. 20

This week we worked on creating an outline document with our research.  I added my research about hardware, why we are using a raspberry pi, which respeaker we are using and which AWS server we should use.  I also added research about how to transmit audio data on the application layer to the AWS server and how to compress the audio for creating packets to send.

From this research document we created the slides and since I am doing the proposal presentation I have been reviewing what I will say.  I also talked about each slide with my group.

The most significant risks we could have at this point would be incorrectly laying out our work on the gantt, and not getting the timing right since we are just estimating how long each task will take us.  To mitigate this we will be updating the gantt chart as we figure out more about how long each piece of the project will take.

We have worked on designing the system for the most part this week so we don’t have any changes to report.  We also have just created the schedule this week which is linked in our team report.