Adam’s Status Report for 4/3/2021

REV 1 ASSEMBLY: This week most of my time was focused on Rev 1 hardware assembly in order to get working boards into the hands of my team members as quickly as possible. We decided that the new board (named “Alexey”) with the additional passive components we ordered from Digikey last week would go to Xingran while Sam would get the old board (named “Bernice”) which is still capable of running the UI modules.

By the end of the day on Thursday, I delivered both Alexey and Bernice, as well as a rotary encoder for Sam to test UI code and a power switch. A small amount of work still needs to be done on Alexey to fully implement the Analog Overdrive module, but since this is of secondary importance, we decided to put that off in favor of getting a prototype with a working ADC.

BARI BOX: Meanwhile, I continue to work on the mechanical design for BARI’s enclosure. At present, I can estimate that the cost for 3D printing + fasteners will be on the order of $50 (half of what we budgeted), though I am working on ways to make it lighter and thus cheaper.

I don’t have any good photos this week, so enjoy the remaining parts spread across the floor of my apartment:

And a close up of one of the unfinished boards:

And a suggestive, soft-focus close up for the fans out there 😉