Adam’s Status Report for 5/8/2021

BARI BOX ASSEMBLY: This week, I used a hand drill to widen some of the critical mounting holes in the BARI Box, allowing it to be fully assembled for the first time.

AUDIO DEBUGGING: I also continued to work with Xingran to debug the noise issues with the BARI audio channels. Please refer to the #d0-bari channel in Slack, where I gave a full report on our findings and what is / is not possible going forward. In short, we’ve found a difficult-to-mitigate noise source due to power rail noise injection from the BM83. Several mitigation strategies are possible to make the BARI concept functional in the long term, but it’s not possible to implement these strategies with the time and resources available to us.

Unfortunately, due to contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19, I have been instructed to quarantine and remain away from campus. This will make it difficult for me to assist with the production of the final video demo, but I plan to help out with editing and compiling the written report in the next few days.