Jee Woong’s Status Report for 02/27/2021

This week, we had a proposal presentation. Since I was the first presenter of the team, I prepared my presentation with my teammates and discussed some of the important aspects of our project. After I finished my presentation, I ordered a chessboard, webcam, and webcam stand for each one of us. The chessboard and webcam stand arrived on time, so I could check if the chessboard was the right chessboard we could detect through the webcam.

Furthermore, I set up a git repository so that all of our team can work. Most importantly, I read documents about OpenCV and how our program should read the chessboard through a webcam. After reading the documents, I tried reading images through my own webcam, and this testing worked out well. I have also found a useful function we can use for recognizing the 8×8 board. The image below is an example of detecting the chessboard, and I am also planning to try it by myself.

Calibration Pattern

I am looking forward to testing with my own images first and use the webcam to frame images and do similar testing. For next week, I hope I could write I report that I successfully tested board detection through the webcam.