Claire’s Status Report for 03/21

Successfully installed WiFi card for Jetson Nano and tested its speed. The upload speed is around 15 Mbps, which is a little low for what we want to do. This could be a little challenging for the AWS interaction in the future, but we will have to see.

AWS account is set up but instances aren’t started yet so we don’t waste money.

Google Assistant SDK now fully installed on the Jetson Nano as well. Text input and text outputs are both verified to work, but as separate modules. The sample code will need some tweaking in order to integrate both, but this is promising so far. I also found a way to “trigger” the Google Assistant, so we can combine that with the hand-waving motion in order to start the Google Assistant. That might not be completely necessary. Here is the repo for the work being done on that end. 

Next week, I will have text input and output into one module. Right now, it is streaming from terminal but I will also add a functionality that allows it to read from files instead (which is how we are going to have deciphered outputs from the gesture recognition algorithms).