Arka’s Status Update for 03/22

Arka’s Status Update for 03/22

Well, as we all know, this week has been crazy due to the outbreak of COVID-19 as a global pandemic. In order to do my part in preventing a worse spread of this disease, after returning from Spring Break, I spent most of my time preparing for a 2 week self-quarantine.

After receiving guidance from the course staff as to how to move forward, we had multiple team discussions in which we rescoped the project to accommodate remote work with my team that is now located around the world.

In terms of the software, most of the development will remain the same. The largest question at hand is whether or not I will have access to a functional Raspberry Pi for the remainder of the semester. Right now, I have one that does not have a micro SD card, and I need a reader for the card as well. If these two things cannot be secured, I will have to either just develop the software on desktop or find a rpi simulator online.

Hope everyone reading this is staying safe or is in a future where this disease has not wiped us all out :).