Maxine’s Status Update for 02/29

Maxine’s Status Update for 02/29

This past week I focused on manufacturing the parts needed for the XY gantry and researching what parts to use for our Z-axis. I 3D printed the mounts but our rails still have not arrived yet so I could not move onto assembly like I planned to. We have decided to use an off-the-shelf part for our Z-axis to minimize the risk and time it would take to test a 3D printed rack-and-pinion part. We have also set up the RPi camera now so we know the approximate dimensions for our chassis. I also spent some time working on our design document that is due on Monday.

This week on our schedule was dedicated to manufacturing the custom parts we’ll need for our setup. I have done so for the XY gantry parts so I am on track per our schedule.

Next week, I am supposed to move onto assembly for the gantry but still the rails have not arrived yet. Before the XY rails arrive, I will focus on designing the laser cut acrylic mount that would hold our Z-axis component and attach it to the XY rails, and possibly some parts for the camera mount and our chassis. This will hopefully expedite our assembly process once all our parts arrive.