Final Report

Final Report

After 4 years of learning and a semester on this project…we have finished the Final Report! Here’s the link: Final Report   (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EV2S29R-QmkGPEwUcrn_wWzWVclAonNh/view)

Claire’s Status Update 05/03

Claire’s Status Update 05/03

Schedule This week is the second to last week, and I have been working on the very last parts of the course – the report and the final presentation. Progress This Week This week was final presentations! Most of our time was spent on working on the final report because we were unsure of what the next steps for the video were going to be. But once the handout was released we got planning! Right now we’re writing up our…

Read More Read More

Claire’s Status Update for 04/26

Claire’s Status Update for 04/26

Schedule This week we were scheduled to work on the final presentation and report. It’s the final stretch and we want to make sure we finish our presentation strong! Progress This Week This week Maxine and I split up some sections of the final report as Arka continued working on the software side. I worked on the architecture and introduction. And once we all got together for our weekly meetings, our team worked on the final presentation. As I worked…

Read More Read More

Team Status Update for 04/26

Team Status Update for 04/26

We have dedicated this week on brushing up our final documentation. We used our two work sessions to work on the final presentation. Arka is finalizing fixes on his software pipeline. Since Claire and I have finished our simulation portion, we are starting to work on the final report to reduce the workload for the upcoming week. We are on track per our schedule and we will continue to work on our final report and start our videos next week.

Maxine’s Status Update for 04/26

Maxine’s Status Update for 04/26

This week I worked on the final presentation and the analysis for our design report. We had our in lab demos on Monday, and we showcased our completed robotics simulation. I am aiming to finish as much content for the report as possible before next week, so we can use the next week to work on our two videos. We are on track as per our schedule, and next week we should be finalizing our design report and working on…

Read More Read More

Arka’s Status Update for 04/19

Arka’s Status Update for 04/19

This week, I worked mainly on edge detection and color extraction. Both approaches were changed from initial plan: Classic edge detection methods and built in open cv libraries were not providing proper performance regardless of how well the image was taken and preprocessed. Switched to an approach which detects color changes in a linear scan across resistor body. This method is working much better, though is dependent on quality of color classification Color classification was originally going to be performed…

Read More Read More

Claire’s Status Update for 04/19

Claire’s Status Update for 04/19

Schedule This week we are scheduled to work on integration. Progress This Week This week Maxine and I were able to integrate the gripper with the gantry. We then decided we wanted to get a head start on the design document and analysis. Since I was originally responsible for the motors, I took on stepper analysis for the 6 steppers we used in out system. This included how XY distance would be moved with each step, how a half-step might…

Read More Read More

Team Status Update for 04/19

Team Status Update for 04/19

This week Claire and I finalized our work on the simulation. With the robotics system now fully integrated together, we have both started working on the analysis and our final design documentation. Next week we will continue working on these two parts. Arka is now working on verifying the stepper instructions with the specifications we have provided. Next week he will finalize the software pipeline and start working on the documentation with us.