Shiva’s Status Update for 02/15/20

This week, per the desired deliverables laid out in our team’s Gantt Chart, I researched network protocols, learned how to create a chat server and client network, and wrote programs for them in Python. I then successfully sent custom messages from a Raspberry Pi to a Macbook Pro over Wi-Fi.

Per the Gantt chart snap above, the project is slightly behind schedule. This is for two reasons. First, neither of the Raspberry Pi’s that were acquired last week did not post. I did not get my hands on a functioning Pi until this Monday, February 10th. Secondly, I flew into Boston on Sunday for a job interview on Monday, so could not get any work done those two days.

However, I anticipate getting back on schedule and completing my next deliverable, multi-anchor-server communication, by February 18th. This is because the chat server and client programs were designed from the start to support multiple connections. I recently got ahold of a second functioning Pi to test the multi-connection. After that, I want to complete the 1 MBPs load test deliverable by the 21st.