Ashika’s Status Update for Feb 22

This week, I started writing the code for story creation. I wrote two python programs: the first checks that the part of speech of a word matches the expected part of speech given a sentence for context. This will be used for error detection on the user side. The second algorithm takes in a story and a templated story and tags each blank with the corresponding part of speech and where the input is coming from (user or FitBERT). To do so, I also had to design a system for encoding the templates when choosing which words to remove:

1. Each input mask starts with either **USER or **FB (for FitBERT)
  2. A suffix of “-R” indicates that the word is not dependent or related to any other words in the paragraph
  3. A suffix of “-<number>” indicates that the word is a synonym of any other word with this suffix. This helps FitBERT choose similar words.
  4. A suffix of “-<number>A” indicates that the user’s word is an antonym of any of FitBERT’s inputs with the same suffix.

Besides the code, I worked on the design presentation and the design report. I did more research into the metrics and testing methods we will be using, particularly for story cohesion. I am almost done with my part of the design report, so I will have a lot of time next week to work on synonym generation for FitBERT inputs. I also hope to work on template making as I go, so I can start testing these components. As of now, I am right on schedule.