Niko’s Status Report for 4-12

Niko’s Status Report for 4-12

This past week I worked more on integration between the webapp and interaction layer. Richard and I had a discussion, and realized we had different ideas for how the database would store the information we’d agreed upon. We had a long discussion and settled on a modified subset of the database schema. I worked on modifying the schema to fit our discussion

I also worked on some helper functions to facilitate interaction with both the database and the mqtt broker. Besides making my own code cleaner, it begins to provide an interface for Richard’s webapp’s flask backend to obtain node data and present it to the frontend for the user.

For this upcoming week, I want to finish the api that I worked on this past week and finish integrating it with Richard’s layer. At the end of the week, the frontend should be presenting no hardcoded data, but should be pulling information directly from the nodes.

I also would like to reopen the API discussion with Rip, and outline exactly how his layer and mine will interact.