Alli Scibisz Status Report 2/17-2/23

Alli Scibisz Status Report 2/17-2/23

Started the week going through tutorials on how to make iOS apps with Xcode and started making the basic app. I think I’m getting a decent grasp on it, but before I spent too much time on that, I transitioned back to looking at sensors and helping with getting that stuff off the ground before the design proposal. I’m not very concerned with my ability to put an app together and I am more concerned about our sensors and being able to get usable data, so I think the app will take a back seat for a little while and I’ll mostly work on it only when there isn’t other progress to be made with the sensors over the next few weeks.

As far as sensors go, I had been researching LIDAR sensors and we finally decided to order one, which we’ll start testing as soon as that comes in next week.  We made some design changes, shifting to the idea of using multiple different types of sensors together rather just an ultrasonic sensor, so that took some time to work through. Other than that, I just have been working on the design proposal presentation for next week.

I didn’t get done exactly what I wanted to get done this week, it was a somewhat strenuous week academically and then I traveled to Boston for the track team conference meet at the end of the week, but I think we’re still in pretty good shape.  I think I need to make more clear and achievable goals for myself week to week.  Next week I anticipate a lot of my time being eaten up by making the design proposal report, but I also want to have substantial testing on the sensors so we can reasonably know that the sensors we have are sufficient to operate within the margins of error we have outlined when working in conjunction with one another.