Evan Compton Status Report 5/4

Evan Compton Status Report 5/4

This week as a group we finished integrating our parts and collected some test data for our wearable. We also prepared the slides for the presentation. Since then I have been trying to tweak things to improve the object recognition part of the project, as well as help out the other parts in any way I can. On Sunday we will do any last tweaking before the demo, and make the final video for our project.

Alli Status Report 5/4

Alli Status Report 5/4

This was a crazy week. We finished the presentation and the poster at the beginning of the week, all the while running more tests so we could have good information to include on both.  Individually, I spent a lot of time polishing up the app.  The app sends audio notifications now!! I just used text-to-speech online to generate the mp3 files that I used (saying “pedestrian approaching”, “biker approaching”, or “car approaching”).  I made it so that when an audio…

Read More Read More

Evan Compton Status Report 4/27

Evan Compton Status Report 4/27

This week we tried to get all of our stuff running together integrated on the pi. The first issue that occurred is when running my cv stuff on the pi, we realized that it was very slow (despite being very fast on my computer), as it took 17 seconds on the pi and only 1 second on my laptop. So I re-wrote all of the cv stuff to be the exact same algorithm I had but very efficient (I had…

Read More Read More

Alli’s Status Report 4/27

Alli’s Status Report 4/27

The app is officially in working order! Definitely tons of room to improve, but our end to end system is now functional. It does not yet make a noise for notification, but I know how to do that so that shouldn’t be too difficult to implement. Spent a lot of time on Saturday walking around campus with Evan testing the whole system. Also spent a good amount of time working on the presentation. Next week will likely include finishing the…

Read More Read More

Evan Compton Status Report 4/20

Evan Compton Status Report 4/20

This week I fixed up the car part of the algorithm to check multiple regions for of the cropped image for cars. Other than that I continued to tweak the initial cropping box parameters and add in online training data. I also helped Alli with getting her App on her phone. I’m not sure we will have time to collect a lot of training data with our wearable (It’s hard to do that without the other two parts of the…

Read More Read More

Alli’s Status Report 4/20

Alli’s Status Report 4/20

This week has shown solid progress in the area of bluetooth communication.  There is now a node js program that runs on the raspberry pi that creates a bluetooth service that is accessible on an iphone using a bluetooth scanner app that can run a script to start a python program and collect the results from that and transmit that to the iphone.  Unfortunately, the javascript method only seems to get output from the python file upon completion, which obviously…

Read More Read More

Evan Compton Status Report 4/13

Evan Compton Status Report 4/13

This week I added in car’s to my algorithm, which really pretty much completed the core tech of the object recognition part of the project (all that’s left is pretty much adding training data and tweaking the parameters). I also fixed a few bugs I found in some of the knn stuff when testing. Me and Alli also went around with our wearable and took a bunch of pictures in different locations of runners and cars, which has helped me…

Read More Read More

Alli’s Status Report 4/13

Alli’s Status Report 4/13

After doing the reading assignment, I was able to focus on my work a lot this week. I completely implemented a nodejs program using bleno to create the bluetooth services that I need, since the ones that are available on the raspberry pi built in will not work for our purposes.  Initial testing with a BLE scanner app allows me to connect to the pi and use these services, so I have successfully transmitted data to and from the raspberry…

Read More Read More

Mitchell Update 4/7 – 4/13

Mitchell Update 4/7 – 4/13

Sensor Issues This week I ran into a bit of a hurdle with the sensors. I would seemingly randomly get consistently false data (MAX_RANGE_VALUE) from the sensors that could be removed from restarting. It seemed to come from just one sensor, but to make it more difficult the port a sensor is plugged into does not correlate to the scanner port in the code. Ultimately I found that two sensors were stuck in configuarion mode and doing a factory reset…

Read More Read More