Status Report (3/09)

Group Update

• This week is short due to mid semester break and spring break (the Gantt chart accounts for this).

Amukta’s Update

• I spent the week experimenting more with the RPLidar SDK and output data. This week was shorter than usual due to mid-semester break and spring break.
  • I will be working on the visualization UI over break, since I won’t need access to hardware to do so.
  • I am still on-track, since we did not schedule any work to be done over spring break.

Kanupriyaa’s Update

As I left on Wednesday evening (middle of the week) for Spring break I accounted for the time that I wouldn’t have this week and distributed it to other weeks.

Tiffany’s Update

• This week I tested the motor’s stall current to make sure it’s within the Raspberry Pi motor hat limits (the stall current was not specified by the vendor), and tested the Adafruit motor control library. The motor is rated for 12V but is quite fast even at 5V, so I decided to just power the motor with the same 5V power source as the Raspberry Pi. Since this motor seems to work for our project, I ordered a second one.
  • Since I lost the micro SD card we were originally using for the Raspberry Pi last week, the motor control code could not be tested last week. We ordered a new SD card, which arrived this week, and I set up the Ubuntu + ROS environment and tested the motor controls.