Jaspreet’s Status Report for 11.04.23

This week, I continued to make progress on the pipeline for sending images to the Jetson from our Raspberry Pi. Now, the system is capable of saving an image after the start button is pressed, and it can take input from the stop button as well. However, the button setup is currently on a breadboard just so that it is ready for the demo this week. In the final setup, it should fit compactly within the component case. Once I have set up our HTTP server on the Jetson, we will be able to transfer the captured image via POST request.

My progress is behind schedule. I did not realize that both the Raspberry Pi and NVIDIA Jetson Orin Nano would require so many external components in order to operate. Specifically, I had to obtain microSD cards as well as various cables for display or input purposes. I also had more trouble setting up the WiFi connections than I had anticipated, and in hindsight, I should have reached out for help as soon as I started encountering issues. In order to catch up, I will need to speed up the process for designing and printing all of our 3D printed parts.

In the next week, I will first finish preparations for the interim demo, which include setting up the HTTP server on the Jetson and connecting both the Raspberry Pi and Jetson to campus WiFi. After the demo, I will finally begin designing our hardware component case as well as the textured button caps. This will put me back on track for completing the hardware subsystem on time.