Jaspreet’s Status Report for 10.21.23

This week, we received the hardware components that we ordered, and I will be able to begin work on testing and assembling them once we are back from Fall Break. While waiting for the components, I was able to test out capturing and sending images from the Raspberry Pi 4 and Arducam camera module that we borrowed. This will make it much easier to set up the same pipeline with the Raspberry Pi Zero and Unistorm camera module. The majority of the rest of the week was spent working on our design report, which took much longer than we expected.

My planned tasks for the near future are to set up an image to server data pipeline and create a 3d printed case for our hardware components. In order to accomplish my planned tasks, I will have to look into how to capture an image with the Raspberry Pi based on a button press input, and how to then send an image to a remote web server. For the case, I will have to look into how to create a functional 3d model in CAD software. I will also have to look into different methods of attaching our device to the side of glasses.

My progress is not on schedule, as we had planned to receive our components earlier in the week. However, when I submitted our order forms, I forgot to check it off with our group’s TA, so our order was delayed. Therefore, according to our schedule I will need to set up the image to server pipeline and test data transfer from our camera by the end of the week to catch up. In the next week, I hope to do this as well as set up a server on the Jetson so that we can test sending our images to it. Since I am behind schedule, it will be necessary to spend extra time to finish these tasks by the end of the week.