Jaden D’Abreo Status Report 12/02/2023

This week I made final touches to the phone application and started integrating all the subsystems together. Integrating was a bit challenging, however it was completed! Dev and I were able to integrate each subsystem together and now the project can be completely run within one codebase. As this was our first time working with Swift, the process took a lot of time to debug. Dev and I were first able to complete integrating the phone application and the circuit simulator, therefore I was able to model his header and bridge file to model my integration with the computer vision. Thus, once completing the first integration, the second integration was a bit more straightforward, but still challenging. There were a lot of additional things needed to be added to the codebase to make the CV and the phone application work together. Bridging these two systems together required saving the state of file paths, adding extra parameters, and modifying both existing codebases, the phone application and the CV, to function properly. However, there is still one bug that needs to be fixed. The circuit does not display as it did with the hard coded coordinates due to a slight flaw in logic. However, this is not a very pressing bug and should be resolved within a day’s work. The correct components were placed on the screen, just not in the correct position, and I have located the flaw in the code. In addition, I have to display the contents from the circuit simulator, however this will also be even less work than the other fixing the bug. I am slightly behind on my work, I expected to be completely integrated and finished with the phone application by this week, however with the final presentation tomorrow, as I will be presenting, I will turn my focus tomorrow to that. Even though I am behind on my work, I believe the status of the project is in a great place and the entire system will be completed early this coming week!