MeeDm’s Status Report for 10/22/2021

This week I made lots of progress on the actual coding. Tarush and I have already completely decided on how to pass files between each other. I’ve finished writing code that reads in the correct values from a json file (information about the cat and owner) then uses those values to calculate other values such as volume of food/water, which user folder to put the information into, and which cat’s file to put it into as well. I’ve then written all of those values to a text file (probably change later to json file). We’ve also finally figured out how to connect via bluetooth to the demo tag. I’ve been able to take a look at all the characteristics of the tag and can read the values. We have to finalize which characteristics to look at and how to write to it, but that part is not as bad to figure out. I would say I’m on track.

For next week, my goal is to CAD design the load cell and rfid reader, and finish up figuring out how to read and write from the tag and finish up the whole pipeline.