Grace’s Status Report for 10/23

[For two weeks ago, see my post for 10/16.]

This past week, I focused on the Ethics assignment and considering a risk mitigation protocol. The Ethics assignment didn’t take up too much of my time, but I was unable to spend much time on our project due to limitations by other class work. Ali focused on getting the NOIS II processor to work on the board, but given how much difficulty we have faced in performing this task, I started to look into other options to create our project.

We are considering placing all of our inputs/outputs to the DUT directly on the board in memory so that we don’t have to use a communication protocol at all. We think that this will be feasible given the amount of memory on the board, but still need to investigate further before we proceed. Doing this method will also allow us to use the Cyclone V board instead, which is faster.

This next week will be a big decision week for us because we want to be confident in the method we are using by the end of the week. We will be meeting a lot to determine which is the best path forward for our project.