Week 2 Update

Week 2 Update

Summary

This week, we were scheduled to further develop the OpenCV detection and start key component detection, finish up the encoding/decoding algorithm, and start developing the iOS app. We were set back a little due to travel and sickness and were not able to coordinate a meeting and completely finish our tasks. For next week, we are planning on getting shape and color detection working in OpenCV, finalize our encoding/decoding algorithm, and play around with the iOS app.

Shivani

I was out this week because I had strep throat. I plan on making up my work this week and putting in extra hours to further develop the key component recognition and build upon the color detection.

Caroline

This week I focused on exploring the integration of OpenCV into our iOS app. I made a simple project in XCode and got OpenCV compiling within an iOS app context. Next week, I plan on continuing with the iOS OpenCV integration, and getting a simple front-end OpenCV camera app running on a phone. I’d also like to get started with getting the Raspberry Pi set up and printing to the printer.

Snigdha

I was out this week attending the Grace Hopper Conference. In order to make up the lost time, I plan on working extra this week to modify the program that generates the encoded message to be more visually pleasing and complex. In order to do so, I will be switching from using Python’s Tkinter to Processing, which allows for better granularity and customization of the shapes.