Nina’s Status Report For 3/9/2024

Accomplished Tasks

For these two weeks, I was busy working on ordering parts (rover, batteries, camera, etc). In addition, I worked mostly on the design review report and was tasked with the introduction, use-case requirements, part of the design requirements, revising the system implementation, project management, related work, and the summary. Much of the time was spent on researching related works that would help augment our proposal as well as how we should be formatting our system.

During spring break, I was away on a trip. I did pick up some inventory requests and made additional orders of parts that we needed . I also began looking into the camera mount 3D printing that Ronit and I would need to work on and how to build a frame of the mount through AutoCAD.

Since our rover has yet to arrive, I will just be working primarily on designing the camera mount that would be hoisting the camera 2-3+ ft on top of the rover. Regardless, of whether or not it will be done through 3D print or not, I will try to have this done by the end of the week. This is doable without the rover as we have the dimensions of the rover as well as the camera itself. I’m also working on getting a live feed of the video from the ArduCam using its API that works with OpenCV.

Next Week’s Deliverables

Next week, I plan on working on finishing the camera mount and have it set up properly on the rover with the laser pointer incorporated as well. I will be checking the camera’s perspective and have the camera feed be shown on the website prior to it being mounted. Then, I will work on adding additional features to the site listed in the design review such as an emergency overdrive button to enable manual control of the rover.