Rachel’s Status Report for 4/29

This week I shifted the format of YOLO to be the newest version 8 which they released recently which makes the whole process a lot more efficient with a lot less code. With that shift, the ML model was trained for 50 epochs and achieved a 0.995 accuracy. With this high accuracy, the model was finalized and I tested it thoroughly with various images I took for testing and validation and my accuracy was still very high. Because of this, I was able to create the detection file and reformat the output so that it was easily integrable with the hardware. We are a bit behind on schedule for the integration but we will be working all week to get the integration working and get the report, poster, and video done as well.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *