As we anticipated last week, we are currently experiencing shipping and logistical delays that are bottlenecking our testing phase. Fortunately, because we ordered our most important components early and built buffer time into our schedule, we have more than enough time to manage these delays without falling behind our final deadlines. Since we are stuck waiting for a few key items, our biggest risk remains the possibility of those delayed parts arriving broken or incorrect. To mitigate this risk as much as possible, we are actively bench-testing all the parts we currently have on hand. By making sure our existing components work properly right now, we can prevent a pile-up of technical issues later when the rest of the system finally comes together.
We did not make any major changes to our system design or incur any new costs this week. We just finished presenting our formal design review and are currently waiting to receive official feedback. We plan to keep the system architecture as it is until we hear back, and we will likely make any necessary design changes next week once we can review that feedback and incorporate it into our project plan.
