Tahaseen’s Status Report for 04/20

This week, I finalized a camera mount that is set to an appropriate height for our testing environment in HH 1303. Additionally, I decided to use red markers in order to guide the user in outlining the table in the case of projector overflow. Processing these sped up calibration significantly and allowed it to be a more consistent determination of the table outline. The rainbow streaking is a problem we are circumventing by adjusting the selected colors for projection and reducing the overall amount of projection. After these updates and the new camera setup, I have been working on mapping the projection appropriately onto the table so that the homography retains a standard level of brightness. This means playing with the height and angle of the projector further to find an optimal setup.

This coming week, I will finalize my process and complete the integration of calibration into the UI. This will enable us to run everything from one device and one package. In this project, I learned a lot more about calculating homographies and the limitations of a projector system. I also learned how to use Flutter, which I’ve never had to use previously. My main strategy was to rely on forums and data sheets in order to gain a full understanding of the components I was using. For Flutter, I really relied on their online documentation and example apps other people had made using this tool.