Tahaseen’s Status Report for 02/17

This week, I collected a projector and a tripod from Prof. Sankaranarayan.  We discussed different mounting solutions – specifically to avoid negative interactions with the cooking process (steam, smoke, food splatter, etc.). After some discussion, I decided to switch to having a projector angled from a side view that would project onto the table. We would calculate the appropriate planar homographies in order to warp our image. I have begun the initial calculations and now need to test them. Additionally, the brightness of the projector is satisfactory for its small size, but will require the lights in the testing space to be slightly dimmer than an average kitchen. Finally, I helped Sumayya troubleshoot flashing the AGX from my laptop. I was able to install the required SDK but had some trouble connecting the peripheral. However, we resolved this via using a PC.

I am on currently on track, but by next week I want to run a test with my computed homographies. I anticipate this to be a larger task because it will require a lot of fine testing. I also want to do an initial mockup of the web app.