Neeraj’s Status Report 4/27/24

Over this last week, I have mainly been focusing on changing the preprocessing of the model and retrain the model and avoid unnecessary details in our input images with Kavish. As of right now, we both have been tackling different fronts of the classification model and improving its overall metrics before we finish up integration by porting it onto the jetson. If anything else, I have also been messing with the idea of integrating a quick expression classifier that could aid with the LLM. Although a separate network, our current metrics show that we have the latency room to possibly add this in. It is also an idea that we have bene toying around with for a while as a group that could help in better translating ASL semantics, such as identifying if a sentence was a question or not. I intend on either finding a pretrained model or a quick dataset to train on so hat it is not a large investment, but it is also just an extra jump that we are considering making while our classification model is training and if we have the time.

As such, my main priority as of right now is to finish retraining the classification model, as that is one of the final things we need to finish up for demo day. If there is a lot of time remaining and there is nothing else for us to do, then we can look into the expression algorithm, but as of right now, I am not really considering it due to our time constrictions.

I would say I am around on schedule. I have finished integrating my part of the code with Kavish’s work, so he only thing left to do is retraining the model on my end. I also intend on helping out with further integration with the rest of the group as well. If anything, I am slightly behind due to the fact that I hoped to be done with the model by now, but testing and debugging during integration took longer than expected. Getting the model retrained and helping out the rest of the group with integration should help get us back on schedule.