Neeraj’s Status Report for 3/30/24

My main progress over the past week has just been preparing for interim demos. As such, I have put a temporary pause on any significant innovation, mainly concerning modifying the architecture of either the HPE model or the spoter transformer. As such, I have been putting more time into getting the necessary data after HPE processing and training the spoter model on the data we want to train on. The only thing that I have been coding up is the eval function for the spoter model, which should hold public functions that can run inferences on a trained model. Since the spoter model was a model generated for architecture research, the main goal was to evaluate the accuracy and loss metrics of the model. As such, I needed to save the model post-training and utilize the given architecture to create our eval functions for inference. I am currently working on training the model, so I am planning to have the working model and eval function for interim demos if all goes well.

My main plan for next week is to continue to iron out the interim demo material until we present, and then after that, focus on debugging, retraining, and architectural changes to the model to improve performance. This mainly involves collecting validation data and modifying hyperparameters to maximize that and looking into further research to see what improvements I can make to the model that would not result in a large latency burden.

As of right now, I am just slightly behind schedule. If I can finish up what we need for the interim demo in time, then I should be relatively back on schedule, as I will have the time to test, debug, and configure our pipeline. In the case that I do not have my stuff finished in time, I would be behind. In this case, I would most likely ask for help from my teammates in order to help in debugging code that I need to or get help in migration and integration later on.