For this week, we had a design review presentation on Monday and Wednesday. Due to the absence of work sessions within classes, we had this week to be somewhat flexible for the parts ordered to come and identify any potential issues with Jetson Nano and robot base designs. My original task was to set up a camera module for Jetson Nano, but, due to the waiting time with the cable connector, I have decided to move the task to the next week. This was possible as my next week schedule is free and flexible. As such, on our weekly meeting session on Friday, my teammates and I brushed over our gantt chart and see if such delay in our tasks would be feasible with the other tasks designated for next week. The finalized individual tasks will be discussed on the third paragraph below. Additionally, we thought it would be necessary to do some more research on path finding algorithm for our robot and communications between Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano Orin, so this has become one of the tasks added to my current schedule. Finally, we split parts for design review report and prepared overleaf template to start working on it.

My current schedule is, as noted above, slightly behind due to the camera connection, but this will be resolved once the part arrives next week.

By next week, I hope to complete the following items:

• Get a connector cable and set up a camera for Jetson Nano
  • Define software requirements for motion and obstacle avoidance
  • Build CAD model
  • Research path finding algorithms
  • Research communications between Raspberry Pi and Jetson Nano Orin
  • Source Build Materials
  • Finish up the design review report

*One thing to highlight: as the spring break is coming, I hope to complete all of the action items above regardless of how much time it takes to finish all of them so that we can go ahead with our robot base design after the spring break.

0 Comments