Akash’s Individual Status Report 27th April

• What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files orphotos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the week (12+ hours).

I got the communications working last week but this week I had to integrate it with ROS and have it done as a Node so we can use it for communications. As I was traveling for an award ceremony from Thursday to Saturday, I worked really hard before Thursday to get this completely integrated. Challenges were to make it completely fault-tolerant and detect disconnections and new connections on both ends. Taking Distributed Systems helped with this. Moreover, I had previously just sent strings but since we need to send a grid between the hexapods, I had to modify it to be able to send 2d arrays. I also implemented a heartbeat system to detect faults in communication.
| Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

In terms of communication, I am on schedule. Overall we are behind schedule as we are still integrating right now.

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

At this point, it’s just going to be the 3 of us working very hard to get a demo up on running before the demo day so the deliverable is just to get the final product done.

Didn’t have any flashy photos for communication so here is some debugging output while I was testing the sytem