Ankita’s Status Report 4/27/24

Work Done

This week, I spent most of the time conducting initial tests (for latency and accuracy of the object detection model, which I did by evaluating the performance of the model on 3 different videos of the intersection and ~100 frames) and working on the final presentation. Due to work from other classes I wasn’t able to spend much time working on the project itself, but I found earlier in the week that unfortunately the code I wrote that added threading to handle delays in frame processing without lagging the video crashes quite often when run on the Raspberry Pi (probably due to the lower compute power.) I might try some other approaches using multiple processes instead of multiple threads, but if that doesn’t end up working I may have to demo that code on my personal computer instead of the Pi (since we’ll be demoing the simulation/optimization algorithm on the Pi anyways.)

Schedule

For now, what I have left to do is record the updated videos of the intersection and determine the lane boundaries for those so that we have a clean demo of the object detection. After that, I will help my teammates with integration once the new PCB comes in and work on the final poster, video, and report.

Deliverables

As above.