Zina’s Status Report for 3/16/24

This week I was focused on doing the layout for our custom PCB that connects the ArduinoUNO to the 12 traffic-light-simulation LEDs via a Texas Instruments LED driver. This is my first time doing PCB layout myself, so it was a bit challenging at first to get used to, but I have learned enough about it at this point that I am confident our PCB will function as intended. I am almost done putting everything in its correct place and making sure everything follows the proper design rules and specifications of the PCB manufacturer we will be ordering from (OSH Park). I have inserted a picture of my progress below:

I will have the PCB layout finished and submit an order for it by Tuesday of this week so that we hopefully receive it before the interim demo in a couple of weeks. If it doesn’t arrive by then, we will just do our demo using the breadboarded LED circuit. Once the PCB is ordered, my goal for next week is to write the Arduino code that drives the LEDs. I am also a bit behind on getting some traffic videos at Fifth and Craig for Ankita to use to train the object detection model, but I acquired a GoPro from the IDeATe lending desk at Hunt and will get those videos for her as soon as possible.