Kaitlyn’s Status Report for 3/9/24

Work Done

I spent most of the week working on the Design Report and focused on the introduction, project management, and content relating to the optimization algorithm. There were actually a lot of details that we had to flesh out relating to the optimization algorithm so I focused on that instead of my task of finishing the map simulation for the week. I have been continuing to look at tutorials for SUMO to set up for our simulations. I also fleshed out the optimization algorithm’s pseudocode so implementing it should not be too difficult once I finish the SUMO simulation along with the TraCI integration with our Python code.

Schedule

I am a bit behind due to the Design Report taking a lot longer than I anticipated, however I think that working on the details for the optimization algorithm really helped me figure out what to do for that task that I have coming up, so hopefully that will take less time, allowing me to push back the SUMO simulation a bit. Since Ankita will be simplifying the pedestrian classfier, the optimization with pedestrians task will also be simpler, so I think less time will be needed there as well.

Tasks This Week

• Finish SUMO simulation
  • Integrate with Python code using TraCI library
  • Start actual implementation of pseudocode for optimization algorithm