Junrui’s Status Report for 3/9

Last week, my efforts were concentrated on crafting the foundational elements of the practice page for the web app. I have processed and integrated fingering diagrams for common fingerings, enabling the display of these diagrams within the application interface. Additionally, I was able to display pre-determined, hard-coded feedback related to common fingering mistakes. This feedback, though not dynamically generated based on real-time user input, serves as an initial step towards an interactive practice page.

My progress is slightly off track, but not much, mostly because I planned to work during spring break, but several personal stuff prevented me from that. To mitigate the delay and catch up with the overall project timeline, I plan to extend the time I will work on this project in the upcoming week. This effort will mainly focus on filling in the contents in other pages and preparing for user testing. The integration of dynamic feedback mechanisms and fingering diagrams based on real-time user inputs is a complex feature, so I hope to tackle it as part of the user testing phase, which will be split into work in next week and the week after next.