Thomas’s Status Report for 2/17/24

This week I drafted a feature list defining the project’s problem scope and proposing initial ideas for the solution. Features were separated into pre-proposal and post-proposal and incorporated feedback from the proposal presentation and were discussed in a follow-up meeting leading to the project direction for the design review presentation. I also drafted a list of the project components that will be part of our solution approach as preparation for the design review presentation, along with a brief overview of what each project component will do and its input and output.

I am behind schedule. To catch up to the project schedule I’ll first need to schedule a meeting with my teammates for us to revise the schedule now that we have pivoted our project away from our proposal idea. Then I can schedule work sessions with one or both them outside of lab sessions to speed up my progress until I am back on track. Next week for deliverables, I hope to complete the design review document. In particular, I should have an explicit interface specified for each of the project’s code files and an overall project code file hierarchy.