Bhavya’s Status Report for 4/27/24

Given that I was in charge of the final presentation a lot of my time went into working on the slides for the presentation. I made the entire slide deck and spent time practicing my presentation. Given that this was about testing and verification, I spent time with Jae gathering as much data as we could to provide reliable statistics on how our use-case requirements we being met – both coming up with the testing conditions and running the tests themselves.

After giving the presentation on Wednesday these are my ideas on how I could have improved it:

1. We have a working model. I should have leveraged this to show off a lot more pictures, diagrams, and videos in the presentation. Our project is openCV-based and I think showing the result that each component produces in the computer vision please would have been nice for the viewers.
  2. Kept my explanations more concise and kept on time
  3. Kept it a little more casual and upbeat to engage the audience.

Other than the presentation: I also came up with the idea for the preswitchnig using the ordering of the cameras as the only way we could make the viewing experience more robust after we hit the wall on our detection limits. Given that the cameras cannot detect beyond a certain distance, having the preswitching allows for the viewer to see the car coming into the frame rather than just appearing suddenly. I think this will greatly improve the watching experience. I have been helping refine this idea.