Bhavya’s Status Report for 03/09/2024

After switching to the F1 track camera idea (post the design presentation) the team had to scramble to establish and work on this new idea.

I started the week off by writing the object tracking algorithm using GOTURN. I also tested several image preprocessing strategies that could possibly reduce the latency of the tracking system. I was able to achieve a preliminary tracking algorithm.

The next major task was the design document submission. I was in charge of the trade studies on computer vision strategies, implementation details of detection and tracking systems, and the outline of the testing and verification in accordance with the use case requirements. We split up the work and conducted peer reviews before finalizing the document.

Over the break, I have been working on the detection algorithm, integrating it with the tracking algorithm, and testing it on the actual slot racing car that we plan to use for the demonstration. I hope to integrate it with the camera to have a one-camera system ready by Wednesday and start arranging the muti-camera system by the end of this week.