Jae’s Status Report for 3/9/24

Most of last week was spent on working on the design document. First, since we switched topics a week before the design doc was due, I came up with new use-case requirements and met up with our TA to finalize them. She also helped me draft some good design requirements that I hadn’t thought of before. While working on the design doc, we were able to make good progress in finalizing our design for the project. I worked on abstract, use-case requirements, architecture, design trade studies (hardware), system implementation (hardware), summary, team member responsibilities, and reach goals.

After design document was submitted, I spent some of the spring break on Arduino code. Specifically, the communication between the object tracking module of OpenCV and the motor control through Arduino. I found a way to use serial monitor of Arduino to serially send and receive data from the PC. I am able to control the movement of the motors with a simple python code. Although the interface seems to be working, I have not tested it yet with Bhav’s object tracking module so that is my next task in hand.

On schedule, my progress is slightly off. I was supposed to work on camera distance and location determination, but instead I worked on the code which is next week’s task. So I’m not too behind on schedule.

Next week, I hope to have the code finished, determine camera stand locations, and start assembling the camera stands.