Weelie’s Status Report for 3/16/2024

• What did you personally accomplish this week on the project?

Last week, I mainly worked on the communications between a tag and multiple anchors. Now the tag and the anchors can be configured in the same network. The tag could simultaneous receive signals from multiple anchors and know the anchors’ ids (mac address) and get the distances from the tag to the anchors. The tag will then output the information of all anchors it received by printing information out with UART. The video can be found in our team status report and our slack channel. I also pushed the code in the git repository.

Github Repo: https://github.com/weelieguo/18500-dw1001

• Is your progress on schedule or behind?

Based on the schedule, I should still implement the trilateration algorithms this week. Now I finished the distances measuring and the trilateration algorithms themselves. It should be on schedule.

• What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

Next week, since we already have distance measuring and trilateration algorithms implemented. I will try to connect the Raspberry Pi 4 to the tag to read the uart output and parse the distances and positions to use trilateration algorithm. Then we will send the information to the frontend server to see if our localization works for a single room.