Weelie’s Status Report for 2/24/2024

What did I do last week?

Last week I started to work on UWB 1001. First of all, I tested the range of the UWB devices to check if that could fit our MVP requirements and use case requirements. I used two UWB devices that are seperated around 25 meters. And there were also some walls that could mitigate the signal strength. I set one of the devices as the sending and the other device as the receiver. At the last, I found that even with such distance and block, the receiver can still receive the signals from the sender. After that, I programmed the devices to measure the distances between two UWB devices. For the protocol of the two devices, I used RTT to measure and calculate the distances between two devices. And I made a Github Repository to keep all of our codes for UWB.  After uploaded onto the devices, I get that the accuracy of the distance measuring is very high, and is about 10 centimeters differences.

https://github.com/weelieguo/18500-dw1001

My process is on schedule as decribed on the Gantt Chart.

What will I do next week?

Next week, I will work on making the tag devices to be able to receive multiple distances and implement the localization algorithms for the tag devices. Also, since we might acquire a Raspi, I could also implement on the interfacing between UWB devices and Raspi.