Jeff’s Status Report for 02/17/2024

This week I spent time researching how exactly UWB works, especially focusing on how most devices use it for calculating distances using TDOA and TOA. My findings concluded we would most likely be using TOA with Two Way Ranging to find distances.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11277-017-4734-x

I also looked into how much it would cost to develop our own UWB tags using a DWM1000 board with an ATMega328p microcontroller.  Unfortunately or not, it appears it would be cheaper to use the preexisting DWM1001 development boards, as they are $25 apiece as opposed to at least $26.5.

I also briefly setup a Django webserver for the web application. Finally, I worked on several slides of the design presentation and created several figures for it.

My progress is overall on track for what I would have liked to accomplish this week.

Next week I will be presenting the Design presentation. Then, I will work on developing the backend of the Django webapp to include all of the models we would need for the project. I would also work on some front end templates to include a mobile-friendly version of a map.